Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Connections Between Mothers

So far i read a couple blog post talked about their mother’s childhood memories.All three and including my own blog post explains out mother’s childhood memories and how our mother’s stories had a hard life. One example is Phuong Ha’s blog post. She explained about how her mother grew up in Vietnam and how she worked day and night. She said, “When I was a kid like you, I had nothing. I worked hard all day long in return for a scoop of ice-cream, not a bowl, but a spoonful.” She explained that her mother did not have anything. She had to work day and night just to get one spoon full of ice cream. It proves that life during our parents had a harder life. They needed to work for everything.

Phuong’s mother’s life is similar to my mother’s life. My mom did not have everything. Even though she did not work for the things she needed, it was still hard to get. “My mom side of the family had very little money. My mom’s parents worked day and night at the market trying to sell fishes, so that there is enough food for everyone in the table.” Same as Phuong’s story, my mother had a hard life too. She did not work for it, but her parents did. They did their best to put food in the table and for their children to have food in their stomachs. During our parents times, they need to work for everything they need. Not like my generation, we are just waiting for things to come. It’s hard to believe that during Phuong and my mother’s childhood, they need to work at a young age.

Same as Shiyun’s mother. When her mother was, she needed to work and go to school. She said, “They took jobs and went to school at the same time.” Shiyun’s story about her mother is similiar to my mother’s story and Phuong’s mother. All three mothers had hard life. One mother did not have education, the other had to work for school, and lastly had had education but not enough for money. All Three mothers had or barely any education and the connection is that their life was much harder than my generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment