Friday, October 8, 2010

Philippines II.

    A week an half just past by. I finally saw almost all of my cousins that I grew up with, they’re are so old and has children now. I was great being in the Philippines, inhaling the polluted air, feel the hot breeze of the heat waves, and  smelling the aroma of the street fishball or BBQ.  It was like when I little again. Since it was rainy season at the Philippines, it mostly rained during the afternoon. I remember when i was little I always played in the rain with all my friends and family, but when I saw my first tropical rain in a long time I did not want to go because I do not want to catch a cold or any kind of sickness- I was in a vacation and I do not want to waste my time lying in hospital bed and being sick.
    Soon enough a whole week just past by me, and realize that I did not bother trying to finish my summer homework- While I was in the Philippines, I did not even bother to do my summer homework. Anyways My family has only been to two kinds of mall, SM Mall Cubao, Ali-Mall, and Gateway, they were all in the same place as if they connected to on another. My family and I has been going to that place back and forth for the last week and I personally think the workers there knows our name. The thing is Cubao really changed over the course of seven years, they renovated all parts of it was really nice and they have branded stores from all over the world, its like they knew that I m coming home. I was a whole new transformation.
    Since I’m in the topic of change or transformation, all the people or things that I remember when I was little changed. For example, my crush and his older brother and especially his little sister changed. They have all matured- his little sister was a close friend when I was little-, and I remember her very short but I did not know she was a year younger than me. Because of her height I have always thought of her as old as my little brother, so when I saw her for the first time I did not even recognize her at all. she got taller and skinnier. including the house we lived in. To me it used to be huge, but now it seem it got smaller, but mom said that it only looked small because we grew. Overall all the people I knew when I was little changed and all the places my family and I went to and lived. It was great seeing these changes, but also it felt like a part of me grew up.

1 comment:

  1. I love it. The details you've included are VARIED...from the food smells to the rain to the malls that had been renovated like they knew you were coming home (my favorite line in here)...to the PEOPLE who'd changed...to your SELF who'd changed.

    I'm hoping you'll continue writing about this trip when we get back to regular blogging, if you feel inclined. (Got any pictures you could include from the trip, for that matter?)

    ReplyDelete